KUALA LUMPUR, 20 June 2017 – MyTOWN Shopping Centre celebrates its first Raya with a dose of fun-filled activities and decorations themed as ‘Toontown Raya’, an acronym for ‘cartoon town’ envisioned by award-winning Malaysian author / illustrator, Emila Yusof.
The decorations around MyTOWN for Raya can be seen incorporated with illustrations of Dina (one of the characters from the author’s popular Dina Series which has won multiple prestigious awards), monkeys, goats and roosters to name a few based on the highly acclaimed author’s work.
Various Raya activities are currently ongoing at the community-lifestyle shopping centre such as Toontown Arts & Crafts, Raya Musical, All About Wayang Kulit Weekend, and many more as MyTOWNers flock together to enjoy the fun-filled festivities.
Exclusive Toontown Raya Packets are also redeemable to prepare you for this festive season, so don’t get left behind and celebrate this Raya with other MyTOWNers at MyTOWN Shopping Centre!
- Location – Jalan Cochrane, Kuala Lumpur
- One-stop destination for shopping, dining and entertainment
- More than 400 retail stores
- Five levels of shopping (4 levels, plus 1 basement)
- Spans across 1.6 million square feet (including the biggest IKEA in Malaysia)
- Jointly developed by the Boustead Holdings Berhad and Ikano Pte Ltd
- Five-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur city centre
- Accessible from major highways – New Pantai Expressway (NPE), SMART Highway, KL-Seremban Highway and Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2) with a new direct access ramp from the Maju Expressway (MEX)
- Direct tunnel link to Cochrane Underground MRT Station (by Q3 2017) at Basement 1
- More than five million shoppers within a 30-minute drive time
Parking and Facilities
- Integrated car park with direct connection between the basement and multi-level car park
- 6,500 parking bays, more than the standard requirement for car park allocation of a building this size inclusive of female parking, ‘green parking’, and family parking.
- Multiple entrances and exits
- 2-acre Town Park and Sunken Garden with step seating from Ground to Basement 1 retail
- Outdoor Canopy to hold community events and promotions
- Spacious atrium event spaces
- Anchored by the biggest IKEA in Malaysia
- International and regional fashion brands – Zara (largest Malaysian store), Calliope, H&M, Uniqlo, MNG, HLA, Hotwind
- Department store – Parkson
- Cinema – Golden Screen Cinemas
- Supermarket – Village Grocer
- Fitness Centre – Celebrity Fitness & Rockstar Gym
- Alfresco dining and F&B terrace
- Optical shop
- Licensed money changer
- Banking facilities (ATMs)