Everything you do online leaves behind a digital footprint that can lead cyber criminals to you. A recent survey1 by Trend Micro, a global leader in security software, revealed that 69% of Malaysians disclose their date of birth on social networks. Further to that, 47% of the respondents have also previously ‘check-in’ their location. With half of the survey respondents posting on their social networks at least once a day, a wealth of information about Malaysians personal lives are being disclosed on the internet every single day.
In the age of online financial frauds, identity thefts and loss of data, where cyber criminals leverage readily available personal information for their own gain, Trend Micro has solved the riddle of social network privacy settings for Facebook, Twitter and Google+ with the launch of the Trend MicroTM TitaniumTM Maximum Security 2014. The latest solution features Trend Micro’s unique social network privacy technology which identifies privacy settings that may leave personal or inappropriate information publicly available or vulnerable to identity theft.
“Privacy is a huge concern, and we urge consumers in Malaysia not to be complacent online. Personal information is immensely valuable to cyber criminals, who can leverage such information for their own gain, create false identities for criminal use or even leverage your network to target your friends and family,” said Terrence Tang, Senior Director of Consumer Business, APAC Center Sales and Marketing, Trend Micro.
Privacy Scanner identifies privacy loopholes in social network profiles
The Trend MicroTM Titanium™ Maximum Security 2014 is the latest iteration of the flagship all-in-one security solution, equipped with Web-threat protection that identifies and blocks dangerous links in websites, social networks, emails and instant messaging. It also detects spam emails containing phishing scams that can trick users into revealing private personal information.
Trend Micro’s robust Privacy Scanner now dramatically simplifies privacy settings on Twitter and Google+, and Facebook – for both Mac and PC. Facebook settings can also now be managed on-the-go via an Android app. It also gives users control over which apps can access biographical data, and who can tag and see photos.
In this ‘post first, think later’ era on social networks, the Privacy Scanner helps ensure that consumers share information only among those they know.
According to the August 2013 AV Comparatives report, Trend Micro Titanium offers the broadest combination of privacy and Web threat protections for Facebook, Google+, and Twitter across PCs and Macs among 31 security products reviewed (Social Network Protection Review, August 2013, AV Comparatives).
Vulnerability Quotient: How vulnerable are you online?
Trend Micro urges consumers to seek discretion when posting on social networks and diligence in maintaining strong passwords as ways to safeguard their personal lives.
Trend Micro has launched the Trend Micro Vulnerability Quotient, available at http://bit.ly/MYwhoami_qr or via a QR code – an app on Facebook that helps consumers determine how vulnerable they are online. Through a series of questions measuring consumers’ behavior on social networks and password management, amongst other security issues, consumers can find out what their Vulnerability Quotient is and how exposed they are to falling victim to cyber threats. The app also allows them to track how they fare among the rest of the population.
Additional features of Trend MicroTM TitaniumTM Maximum Security 2014
“Trend Micro encourages the building of safer digital social cultures, and aims to enable everyone to protect their digital lives,” said Andrew Tan, Product Marketing Manager (Consumer), Southeast Asia, Trend Micro. “More than just ensuring safe surfing habits, the Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2014 offers consumers all-in-one, all-rounded protection against identity thefts, viruses and other online threats automatically so they can enjoy their online experiences safely and with a peace of mind.”
The Trend Micro Titanium is the flagship all-in-one security solution which utilizes state-of-the-art cloud-based technology to proactively stop threats before they reach users. Trend Micro Titanium features:
- First-of-its-kind technology for social networking security – the Privacy Scanner for Windows now NEWLY EXTENDED to include Google+ and Twitter in addition to Facebook. It monitors privacy settings and flags potential privacy concerns.
- Trend Micro™ DirectPass™ password management system that help you maintain multiple passwords and securely log on to websites. It also includes a secure browser to conduct safe online commerce that is specifically designed to support secure online banking.
- Trend Micro™ Online Guardian™ and parental controls to monitor kids on social networks and online activities.
- Tools for protecting data from loss or theft including Secure Erase file shredder, Trend Micro Vault with remote file lock and a 5GB Trend Micro™ SafeSync™ account to protect, share and access files for Titanium Maximum products
- Set-and-forget security – won’t hassle users with alerts and pop-ups. Intuitive interface is easy to install and use with simple screens and reports
- Extended protection for up to multiple devices (for Titanium Maximum Security) Available for laptops, smartphones and tablets, running on Android, Mac or Windows including support for Windows 8 operating systems.
Pricing and Availability
Trend Micro TitaniumTM Maximum Security 2014 is available today from all leading IT retailers and Trend Micro Website at the recommended retail price of RM109 for 1 device and RM159 for 3 devices. Trend Micro TitaniumTM Internet Security 2014 is available at a recommended retail price of RM109 for 3 devices. For more information, kindly visit http://www.trendmicro.com.my/my/ or follow https://www.facebook.com/TrendMicroMY.