Kuala Lumpur – May 12, 2016 – AfterShokz, the award-winning headphone brand known for its patented bone conduction technology and open ear design, today announced it has entered into a strategic distribution partnership with DISTEXPRESS, headquartered in Asia with the official launch at The Marathon Shop, Lot 10, today.
DISTEXPRESS is a dynamic distribution and marketing company in Asia for over 18 years, specializing in products for Apple, as well as digital lifestyle and fitness solutions. The five-year-old brand that brought the ultimate sport headphones to market via a wildly successful 60-day Indiegogo campaign, will now offer Trekz Titanium exclusively, via DISTEXPRESS for fulfillment across Malaysia before the end of the month.
“Bone conduction technology was developed initially for military forces that need to hear remote communication via a headphone, without any restriction to ambient noise in their surroundings,” said Bruce Borenstein, the president and CEO of AfterShokz. “We’re the first U.S. manufacturer to really harness that technology and build it into stylish and consumer-friendly headphones that a wide variety of users – teens, active adults, business travelers and the hearing- and sight-impaired community – can benefit from. The demand we’ve received from all over the world has been tremendous, so initiating a partnership like this one with DISTEXPRESS that will extend our reach into Malaysia is key,” he continued.
“Our focus is presenting internationally-recognized brand name products that are in high demand and have a history of success to retail establishments across all digital lifestyle and fitness categories,” said Deric Seah, Sales Director for DISTEXPRESS. “We’re thrilled our group was chosen as a partner to another world-renowned brand and we’re committed to supplying the demand for AfterShokz here in Malaysia as quickly as we can,” he promised.
About Trekz Titanium:
Designed to ensure the ultimate level of awareness and comfort – without compromising on premium sound -Trekz Titanium are wireless, open ear sport headphones made to ensure safety, perfect for runners, cyclists, hikers and more. Trekz Titanium with PremiumPitch+™ delivers exceptional sound quality with AfterShokz’ patented technology, delivering dynamic range and truly powerful bass.
Trekz Titanium uses bone conduction technology to transmit audio waves to the inner ears through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. Place them on your cheekbones, just in front of your ears. This leaves your ear canals open, allowing you to remain alert and aware of ambient sounds while you enjoy your music. Bluetooth® connectivity gives you the ability to be free of wires and make and receive phone calls.
- OpenFit™ – promising uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort in a revolutionary open ear design. That means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you – vital for staying safe and alert as you move through the day.
- PremiumPitch+™ Sound – Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch+™ technology optimizes the sound and includes additional features like LeakSlayer™ technology, which ensures music is directed exactly where it should be.
- Titanium Frame: The backbone of the industrial design is a premium titanium frame, an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its infinite flexibility, which will deliver maximum comfort, portability and the very best sound.
- Sweat Resistant: Built to power through daily sweat sessions and wicked weather. IP55 rated to repel sweat, moisture and dust.
- Six Hours of Music and Calls: A single charge will reliably deliver six hours of music play and talk time. You can charge fully in 1.5 hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a long workout or marathon call.
- Noise Canceling Mics: Precisely placed dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech.
- Voice Prompts: Audrey Says™ seamlessly guide you through power, pair, play and talk, and everything in between.
Recommended Retail Price : RM 499