Selangor, 8 September 2016 – Visitors to the Curve during these school holidays will be greeted by endless creativity and fun by PLAY-DOH. Key event highlight will be the Doh-llywood Wall of Fame, featuring the handprints and birthday messages of 60 celebrities and influencers, also known as Doh-Bassadors of Creativity, at the Curve Centre Court. Launched today in conjunction with PLAY-DOH’s 60th anniversary and World PLAY-DOH Day on 16 September, the Event pays homage to the role PLAY-DOH has played in the lives of these individuals. Organised by Hasbro Toy (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd, the Event will be held from 6 – 18 September 2016 at the Centre Court, the Curve, Mutiara Damansara.
The iconic yellow can was introduced to the world in 1956 and since then has expanded into more than 80 countries across the globe with more than three billion cans of PLAY-DOH compound sold – that’s enough PLAY-DOH compound to reach to the moon and back THREE times! Apart from the myriad of activities happening at the Event, visitors will get to Meet-and-Greet Doh Doh, the PLAY-DOH mascot over the weekends.
Kelly Yip, Brand Manager for Hasbro Toy (Malaysia) said, “The PLAY-DOH brand is known to promote the development of children’s motor skills, communication skills and creativity. Likewise, the activities during this Event will encourage children to open a can of imagination – to tap into their creativity and imagination. When you open a can of PLAY-DOH compound, it inspires endless possibilities of what you can create with PLAY-DOH. I would like to extend my personal thanks to our Doh-Bassadors for agreeing to be a part of this initiative. Having been around for 60 years, PLAY-DOH is proud to play a part in the childhood of many of these individuals. Many of them are parents themselves now, using PLAY-DOH to cultivate creativity in their very own children.”
At this Event, children aged three to six years old will be able to enjoy a host of exciting Doh Much Fun thematic activities including the Great Bake Off, Zooventure, Go Bananas (with fruits), and Let’s Go Doh-Town whereby children are encouraged to open a can of imagination – they will be guided to sculpt and create their own PLAY-DOH masterpieces. To participate in these activities, participants are required to purchase a minimum of RM36 worth of PLAY-DOH products and they will be eligible to enjoy two activities of their choice. Upon purchase of a minimum RM60, participants will be given a Gift with Purchase (GWP), and can choose up to three activities, besides having the chance to sit on an electronic car ride around the atrium.
With humble beginnings as wallpaper cleaner, the PLAY-DOH brand has come a long way. The modelling compound brand is now available in more than 50 colours and more than 3 billion cans of PLAY-DOH compound have been squished and squashed since 1956. The PLAY-DOH brand continues to encourage creative, hands-on play with its various play patterns such as Food Role Play, Shape and Learn and PLAY-DOH Town.
More information and updates can be found on http://playdoh.hasbro.com
- Four colors started it all- red, blue, yellow, and white. Now the PLAY-DOH brand is available in more than 50 colors!
- More than 3 billion cans of Play-Doh compound have been squished and squashed since 1956.
- PLAY-DOH compound has three core ingredients: water, salt, and flour.
- Since 1956, more than three billion PLAY-DOH cans have been sold. That’s enough PLAY-DOH compound to reach to the moon and back THREE times.
- 1956 was the year the PLAY-DOH brand was born.
- The estimated weight of all PLAY-DOH compound sold is heavier than 10,000 brontosauruses.
- It would take more than 631 million PLAY-DOH cans to circle around the globe.
- You can fit 172 pennies – or $1.72 – in one PLAY-DOH can.
- PLAY-DOH compound was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in 1998.
- PLAY-DOH compound and playsets are sold in more than 80 countries.
- PLAY-DOH cans are made with a tapered edge to easily stack and store empty cans to reuse again!
- If you made a big ball of all the PLAY-DOH compound ever created, it would weigh more than 700 million pounds.
- PLAY-DOH compound is the #1 reusable modeling compound, with over 500 million cans produced each year.
- PLAY-DOH was originally used as wallpaper cleaner developed by a Cincinnati based soap company
- PLAY-DOH compound has been known to be used in activities that promote preschool readiness that are focused around the development of fine motor skills, hand eye coordination and creativity. Check out teaching tools and activities on Play-Doh.com.